Assists Foreman with directing plant operations, maintenance of plant equipment, construction projects, and planning, tracking, and controlling daily expenses/costs. Monitors daily operations and maintenance activities. This is a represented position with the USW local 4959.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures safe operations of the facility.
- Initiates and implements solutions to problems.
- Directly oversees Facility operators and plant maintenance employees.
- Assist Foreman overseeing construction employees and projects.
- Responsible for crew scheduling, operator task assignments, coordinating with the plant maintenance team for maintenance activities and priorities.
- Responsible for interfacing with outside groups and other facilities.
- Required to fill in as an Operator, to maintain minimum staffing levels, along with Lead duties.
- Adheres to the company\'s values - integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment, and innovation.
- Support company vision and mission.
- Adheres to establish work schedules, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Facility Foreman.
- Ability to be available 24 hours per day while on the Slope. (on call for questions, emergencies, etc.).
- Maintains employee confidence and protects company assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
- Writes and communicates complete handover notes to ensure proper turnover to alternate.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
- Required to participate on the emergency response team.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Seven (7) years minimum experience in power generation.
- Ability to work established work schedule.
- Sound technical knowledge of facility operations, oil processing, applicable regulations, and safety systems.
- Mastery of electrical skills.
- Ability to accurately solve problems.
- Ability to work long hours in order to cover/monitor assigned area.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Ability to work in Arctic conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Self-starter with proven leadership skills, team player, comfortable working under pressure, and dedicated to developing workforce.
- Good management, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following computer software:
Preferred: Microsoft Office (Word and Outlook).
- Required: Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent; or any equivalent combination of education and experience demonstrating sufficient knowledge, ability, and skill to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Hilcorp Energy is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Hilcorp Energy Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.