Create your job search profile and we will do the job search for you
Requisition ID: 167443
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: MEC Industrial District
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the administrative and technical aspects of constructing a project, managing a team of field and cost engineers. Do you have strong interpersonal and information management skills? In this role, you will be the main conduit of information between the construction manager and the team for cost, revenue, cash flow information. Do you have strong mentorship skills? You will have the opportunity to develop the people below you. If this sounds like a match for you, read on!
Mass. Electric Construction Co. (MEC) is a subsidiary of the Kiewit Corporation. Since our founding in 1928 in Boston, Massachusetts, Mass. Electric Construction’s philosophy has been to pursue electrical projects that require a higher level of technical and logistical skill. MEC has organized strategically to actively participate and capture projects in the growing industrial market. We intend to effectively compete and win in traditional and alternate delivery procurements and position ourselves for a sustainable future. We self-perform the majority of our work and are looking for people committed to the industrial construction industry.
We have projects & positions all across California. Including the Bay Area, North Bay, and Southern CA markets. Looking for people in all areas.
• With regard to that portion of the work assigned, develop complete understanding of contract plans and specifications.
• Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
• Inspect subordinates’ work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
• Develop and maintain the project master schedule using appropriate techniques and scheduling software with input from other project management personnel.
• Manage document control; receive and log in new issue drawings and other contract documents; maintain document control log.
• Review new issue drawings and contract documents for change of conditions; quantify impact of changes and review with supervisor; distribute new issues to field.
• Prepare monthly cost projections using information generated from project management systems and prepare quarterly cash flow projections.
• Improve project operations by recommending, as appropriate, better methods, staffing and procedural changes.
• Act as managing project engineer/coordinator on multiple projects, providing supervision and on-the-job training for lower level engineers.
• Read and understand plans and specifications. Visualize two-dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
• Manage and support project team including direct reports and others as needed
• Help drive the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work.
• Undergraduate degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering or equivalent
• 3+ years’ work experience in construction or engineering
• Experience managing engineers
• Ability to read, analyze and identify discrepancies on engineering plans, specifications, and contract documents
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Ability to travel as needed
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary
Base Compensation: $88,123 - $132,185
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Kiewit provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Tell us what you are looking for and we will do the job search for you