This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/jobs/10650914
*Summary: *The main function of this role is to reconcile VCNA Bank Accounts monthly and provide daily bank activity (open items) to the business for posting, clearing matched items and tie SAP balances back to the bank. The role supports month end close, audit accounting requirements and cross training/backup support for Concur Expense Reporting and Company Credit Card Role for North America.
- Download daily bank activity and prepare files for distribution. Balance SAP balance to bank balance. SAP Open Item Maintenance - clear matches items daily. Work with bank/IT if files fail to load properly.
- Download bank statements from all banks/accounts and complete reconciliation \~ 50 VCNA Bank Accounts monthly.
- Update and maintain SOX Summary of all bank accounts and validate tie back to VCNA Financials on a monthly basis.
- Prepare/post or journal entries as needed for posting
- Maintain documentation for Audit support
- Maintain procedures
- Assist on special projects.
- Work with the respective business area and outside auditors to provide required information
- Provide administrative support to Management as needed.
- Associate Degree in Business or Accounting and 2-3 years of experience in an accounting related position, or combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with MS-Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word); Ability to learn and keen interest in learning new tools and practices.
- Knowledge of working with SAP is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to deal with projects and timely follow-up as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills.
- Identifies problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group problem solving situations
Illinois Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.