Create your job search profile and we will do the job search for you
The Quality Lab Technicians analyze both final product and in-process sample streams utilizing HPLC, AA, GC, FT-IR, NIR, Karl Fischer titration, refractive index, particle size distribution, direct and viable micro testing, pH, spectrophotometric methods, microscopic examination as well as physical testing. Must be detail oriented, a self starter, and capable of producing high quality results on a consistent basis with minimal oversight. As a Quality Lab Technician, candidates will be responsible for the following:
• Preparation and analysis of various final product and in-process samples utilizing analytical instruments and wet chemistry techniques
• Facilitate the plant process flow by providing timely, accurate analysis results
• Posting analysis results into data systems and communicating to plant personnel
• Recognizes abnormal findings and works with process teams to resolve
• Final QA/QC of outbound shipments and documenting results
• Follows established analysis methodologies
• Basic laboratory equipment maintenance
• Support other departments with analytical and project-based efforts on an ad hoc basis
• Ensures adherence to all company policies and procedures
• Understands and demonstrates core values and actively participates in the Lafayette Management System
• Must be willing to support a 24/7 process, and work a rotating shift which will include nights weekends, and holidays
• Advancement through the skill block system and is required to achieve 4 “operate” skill blocks along with the “basic” skill block
• Performs other duties as assigned
Other Analytical Instrumentation / Testing Includes:
• A 4 year degree in Chemistry, Biology, or other relevant scientific discipline is preferred.
• Ability to prepare and analyze in process and finished goods using various laboratory methodologies and equipment (experience with lab can come from education)
• Experience and understanding with HPLC, GC, AA, NIR, Karl Fischer, pH, etc
•Must be willing to support a 24/7 process, and work a rotating shift which will include nights weekends, and holidays
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize with an attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self starting and detail oriented
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Strong computer skills, ability to work in all Microsoft Office Applications
• Knowledge and experience with SAP is a plus
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Actalent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Tell us what you are looking for and we will do the job search for you